Note that the MAPI Foundation (aka “Manufacturers Alliance Foundation”) reserves the right to update or modify these Terms at any time without prior notice.
Use of the MAPI Foundation Website and Mobile Applications
The MAPI Foundation welcomes the use of our website ("mapifoundation.org") and mobile applications (“apps”). As a condition of your use, you agree that you will not use the MAPI Foundation’s website or apps for any unlawful or prohibited purpose. You also may not use our website or apps in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the website or apps, nor interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the website or apps.
You are solely responsible for any comments you post on or using our website or applications.
The MAPI Foundation website and/or apps may offer users bulletin board services, chat areas, news groups, personal web pages, calendars, or other electronic communication opportunities (“Communication Services”) designed to enable your communication with the MAPI Foundation, employees, groups, and/or the public at large. You agree to use the Communication Services only to post, send and receive messages and materials that are proper and relevant.
Examples of improper use include but are not limited to:
- Advertising or offering to buy or sell goods or services for any business purpose;
- Soliciting for money, donations, employment, or any other type of solicitation the MAPI Foundation deems to be inappropriate;
- Conducting or forwarding contests, pyramid schemes, or chain letters;
- Using harassing, stalking, threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene, violent, libelous or other language that the MAPI Foundation, at its sole discretion, deems inappropriate;
- Publishing, posting, uploading, distributing or disseminating any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful topic, name, material, photo, video, link or information;
- Uploading or posting any materials protected by intellectual property laws, unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents;
- Uploading files that contain viruses, corrupted files or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of the MAPI Foundation’s website or apps, or those of another user; and/or,
- Violating any applicable laws or regulations.
At any point in time, users of these Communication Services may consist of employees representing companies that may have a business relationship and/or may be business competitors. As such, as is the case with all MAPI Foundation-sponsored events and communications, users may not use our website, apps, and/or Communication Services in violation of antitrust laws.
Therefore, users may not discuss or agree with a competitor on any of the following:
- Prices, future prices, pricing or pricing policies;
- Specific terms and/or conditions of doing business with customers, such as credit terms and credit availability, discounts, rebates, warranty terms, return policies, and so forth insofar as they may directly or indirectly affect prices;
- Profits or profit margins;
- Specific market share of any competitor;
- The nature of a bid, as well as one’s intent to bid or not to bid, for particular business;
- A willingness or intent to only serve only certain customers or territories, or to build only certain types of products;
- An intention or willingness to not serve a particular customer, to purchase only from a particular supplier, or to restrict existing or future cooperation with a competitor; and/or,
- Negative or derogatory comments about any supplier, distributor or customer.
The MAPI Foundation has no obligation to monitor the Communication Services; however, the MAPI Foundation reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to review materials posted to a Communication Service and to remove any materials. The MAPI Foundation also reserves the right to deny continuing and/or further use of the website or apps to any user who violates these terms.
Usage Termination/Access Restriction
The MAPI Foundation reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to edit, refuse to post, or remove any comments, information, or materials, in whole or in part, and/or to terminate your access to the MAPI Foundation website or apps at any time, and without notice.
Privacy and Personal Information
Some or all of the MAPI Foundation’s website, apps, Communication Services, or other resources may be supported by advertising revenue and may display advertisements and promotions. These advertisements may be targeted to the content of the information stored on the Communication Services and/or to information provided by you.
Links to Other Websites
The MAPI Foundation does not exert control or warrant availability of websites that we link to through our website or through our apps. Any concerns or questions regarding those services or resources, or any link thereto, should be directed to that outside service.
The MAPI Foundation's website and apps, and all content on the website and our apps, or both, are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis without warranties of any kind, whether express, implied, statutory or otherwise, including without limitation warranties of title or implied warranties of merchantability, noninfringement, or fitness for a particular purpose. You acknowledge, by your use of the website or our apps, that your use is at your sole risk, that you assume full responsibility for all costs associated with all necessary servicing or repairs of any equipment you use in connection with your use, and that the MAPI Foundation shall not be liable for any damages of any kind related to your use of the website or our apps. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the limitation or exclusion of liability for damages. Accordingly, some of the above limitations and disclaimers may not apply to you. To the extent we may not, as a matter of law, disclaim any warranty or limit our liability, the scope and duration of such warranty and the extent of our liability will be the minimum permitted under such law.
The MAPI Foundation strives for accuracy; however, from time to time, there may be information on our website or apps that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies, or omissions. The MAPI Foundation reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update information at any time without prior notice, including after you have submitted an order for a product or service. To the extent you may have relied on inaccurate or corrected information, the MAPI Foundation is not liable for any damages that may have resulted from such reliance.